These are some food storage recipes that I thought were fun. I've tried the hot chocolate mix recipe, and it is very good. I haven't tried the Rice A Roni recipe, but it looks like fun and a good basic recipe to expand and experiment with.
Hot Chocolate Mix
6 c. powdered milk
3 c. powdered sugar
1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 c. non-dairy coffee creamer
2 pkgs large instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Store in airtight container.
To serve: Add 1 c. hot water to 1/3 c. chocolate mix.
What's fun about this hot chocolate mix is you can experiment with the flavor of the coffee creamer you use to change the flavor of the hot chocolate.
Rice A Roni
1 c. long grain rice
1 c. broken pieces of vermicelli pasta
2 Tbs. butter or oil
1 Tbs. chicken bouillon granules
1 t. dried parsley, crumbled
1/8 t. white pepper
4 1/4 c. hot water
To serve:
Brown the vermicelli and rice in a saucepan with the butter or oil. Add all other ingredients and cook for 20 minutes. The rice will be light and fluffy. Serves 4.
If you have any fun recipes using food storage items, email me, and I'll post them.
Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment