Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Food Storage Holiday Gift Ideas

I found this column in the Deseret News last week (Wed, Dec 15). It was called, "Treat neighbors to cheap gifts this Christmas."

I think the person who wrote that title should be fired...

...but the ideas are fun.

Here's the Food Storage gift ideas.
  • Canned soups: Stack them pyramid-style into a Christmas tree. "Have a souper holiday!"
  • Dried pasta: "Have a pasta-tively happy holiday!"
  • Box of powdered milk: "This gift isn't fancy with satins and silk; But in times of need, you'll always have milk!"
  • Jar of honey: "For yours of love and friendship, and the fact that you're so sweet, We remember you with honey; it's a Merry Christmas treat."
  • Package of gelatin: "If times get hard, you'll never have to cry; If you have some Jell-O in your year's supply."
Kind of silly, kind of cheesy, but good ideas if you want to give food storage this Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I love clever gift ideas! I agree with you that the title is weird, but maybe no one would have read, "Treat Neighbors to food storage this Christmas."

    ReplyDelete