Saturday, February 18, 2012

Food Storage and Emergency Preparedness

I realized that I didn't say a couple of things that I should have on the last post about Aloe Vera. 1st thing is that Aloe Vera Juice is available at the health food stores (I know Vitamin Shoppe carries it) and the other thing is that if you have questions on preparing this from your own plant, go to youtube, and search aloe vera and there is many informative videos on how to grow aloe and how to harvest it. Also shows how to prepare it. Another thing, is that the aloe vera plant will send up shoots and self propagate itself. Anyone that has ever had an Aloe Vera plant in a pot ...you know that it soons becomes really crowded!!

I want to throw in a couple of natural remedies that I have been looking into lately....You may ask, What does all this have to do with Food Storage & Emergency Preparadness? I'll be happy to tell you!! ...lol First of all it has to do with self-reliance...This is why these natural remedies came into being in the first place. Because back in the day, there was no Big Pharma to play around with the genes of plants and chemicals and come up with all of these "medicines" that come laden with side-effects!

There may come a time that we also will be have to be very self reliant. It will behoove all of us to have a working knowledge of herbs and natural remedies in order to deal with common maladies that none of us are immune to! It will also be important to have a stash of atleast those that we each are likely to need. There are blood pressure, diabetes, respiratory and flu issues that can all be dealt with by natural herbs and remedies and WERE dealt with before the onset the of Big Pharmacy era. There is no end to the treatments for conditions that are common to man and animals...alot of these can be found in the wild! We just need to be educated, and get on a new pair of glasses!! We have truly been brainwashed into thinking that there is a pill for everything...and there is....but if we knew that we could also use nature, treat the problem, And not have the side effects??! Thats what I'm after!! I also want to take you along with me...... Please atleast try to store up a good multi-vitamin and vitamin C and vitamin D3. You won't regret it. The Lord will ultimately bless us and keep us...but that doesn't mean that we should't try to help ourselves as well.

okay, down off my soap box.......For now, that is......


Shingles:

Apple Cidar Vinegar is an amazing food. Especially the Organic kind with the "mother" still left in it. You can buy it at Whole Foods Market. I want to talk specifically about Shingles as I know alot of people either suffer with it or know someone who does. Now, I don't have shingles (Thank God), but I have looked at alot of different forums and the testimonials on the sites (earthclinic.com) for one. And it would seem that this is very effective. if you have an outbreak, dab gently with apple cidar vinegar (ACV). It initially will sting but in a few moments that will stop and also the itching and pain from the shingles! Also, take 2 tablespoons of ACV every 2 hours while you are dealing with this. Just apply as often as necessary and the lesions/blisters will dry up, scab over and disappear! I would also after the scab is gone apply aloe vera gel for the soothing, healing and anti-viral effects. Now the folks that are suffering with this, some of them initially had some anti-viral medicine from their doctor and also pain medication ....which, according to them, didn't help. And, when they tried the ACV remedy were delighted to find such a natural food to help! God has given us all we need to heal ourselves! We need to include prayer and reliance on God, with each of these, Thanking Him for the Bounty He has given to us.

Gout:

Apple Cidar Vinegar is again, along with other natural foods, a very good remedy for this very painful condition. 2 tablespoons of ACV mixed with natural organic honey is not only a gout remedy but also is great for arthritis sufferers.. but back to gout...the trouble with gout is uric acid crystals forming in the joint due to an acidic diet...ACV is a natural alkalizer! cold soaks with the ACV as well as orally taking this have been known to cut the length of time and greatly lessen the pain associated with a flare-up of this. Also, Cherry juice or the capsules if you have to watch your sugar. These capsules can be purchased thru iherb.com or vitacost.com or probably even whole foods, or vitamin shoppe. look around. And their pretty inexpensive to boot. It works much the same as cranberry helps for a bladder infection. It changes the PH (in the bladder) and makes it an unfit place for bacteria to hang around!

More to come...stay tuned!! Love you all and God Bless. Carrol

No comments:

Post a Comment