Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Preparedness: Miscellaneous items...

First of all I want to apologize to all of those who are interested in Food Storage and Emergency preparedness because ..I have not been writing my blog as I should have been! There are many reasons for this...However, I am now correcting this and I will be communicating with you through my blog very frequently!

I visualize this blog as being more than just Food Storage, and more than Emergency Preparedness..Although it will fall within those categories..this will be a greatly expanded version of those themes! I have long been fascinated with this and that interest has led me far and wide and I want to share some of the things that I have learned!

The next block of Info is for any of you who follow the news and also for homeschooling parents:
I don't know how many of you follow Glenn Beck (Lately of Fox News & before that CNN amongst others..) Glenn is a member of the Church ...He left Fox News because he wasn't able to tell the truth in its entirety and expose certain things that he felt should be..so he developed a TV network of his own..only its online. His 2 hr. show is found on GBTV.com and if you're interested he has a 14 day free trial you can sign up for. It is 9.95/mo for the whole program which includes a varied format which should have something for every one or $4.95/mo. for his daily 2 hr. show. I believe it is valuable because he teaches us alot about the events & current news of the day as well the importance of our countries history and development. The great men & women who have helped to shape the Constitution and have been such examples of the kind of Heros we would like for our kids to look up t0. I mention all of this because I know alot of you are home-schooling your children and this is a great source of information that truly outlines how this Country was founded on the teachings of Christ and with a purely Christian perspective as to what their vision for America was. How the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Declaration of Independence was divinely inspired. (Someday we may be the only source of knowledge our kids will have of the Constitution. The schools may phase this out along with a very liberal agenda).


On Glenn Beck's network, GBTV.Com there is a program for youngsters called The Liberty TreeHouse - it goes into the whys, hows and wherefores of news stories of today and he is developing this to be a great source for Homeschooling moms and dads. Also, Tomorrow he will premier two new shows. The Real News :unvarnished, unbiased, uncensored news) and a reality TV program that will follow a couple and their kids as they embark on a venture to live off the grid...And prepare for the worst. This program will be invaluable for those of us who want to learn how to be more self-sufficient and how to prepare ourselves and our home and family for this in case we someday have to!

For the cooks amongst us (and those who are trying to be):

A web site called "Just a Pinch Recipe Club' Its free and it is a great place to look at new recipe's, get coupons and set up your recipe file which you can build from saving into your file the recipes of others that you like (on the site) and also from your own good recipes or you can take some one elses recipe and change it to suit you and your family. Its fun! They will also send you a great apron that has their logo & nice pockets for free! You can also enter your favorite recipes to be judged in their ongoing search for "Blue Ribbon Cooks! This site is really fun because they have alot of organizational tools and ways to be creative, Try it, I think you will like it...Also remember the great coupons every week!

Next posting: stay tuned because I have great tips for herbal remedies that I want to share, that may be really important when the "powers that be" institute their new rules and regulations on vitamins, supplements & some medications that will make them very hard to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment